..."popsicles on the porch"...what a great afternoon treat and our favorite way to spend time together! These are simple and precious moments! Princess #1 and Princess #2 along with Little Man #1 and #2 are my inspiration for most of these writings.

Monday, October 8, 2007

So You're Thinking About Homeschooling

I can't believe I'm here and even considering doing this! God has done major heart surgery on me this year as I continue to pursue him more and more concerning my role as mommy to my little ones. Just check out my reading list to see the growing passion God has been producing in me for motherhood as I have adjusted to this new season of being a stay at home mom!

So, to add to my reading list is my new book, "So You're Thinking About Homeschooling" By Lisa Welchel. I'm about half way through the book and have gained some insteresting insight. Many of my preconceived notions about homeschooling have been challenged. The more I read and research, the more I can see that my original assumptions on homeschooling were merely that...assumptions. Assumptions based on generalizations of those I judged as being socially awkward and overprotective in sheltering their kids away from the world.

While homeschooling may not be for every family, I believe it is a viable option worth exploring and praying about. This is where Tim and I are at. Who knows where God will lead us...will keep ya posted! :)

No comments: