..."popsicles on the porch"...what a great afternoon treat and our favorite way to spend time together! These are simple and precious moments! Princess #1 and Princess #2 along with Little Man #1 and #2 are my inspiration for most of these writings.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Night Time Blessings

So it was one of those days. You know, the kind where you're counting down the minutes until bedtime. An hour left...time to start their baths and get them in bed...you can make it....you're almost done. I'm by myself tonight, but I think I can, I think I can...

Big sister watches her movie in bed while mommy tucks "little bit" in. We rock, say prayers, hug and kiss and mommy shuts the door. One down and one left to go!

Next it's big girl's turn. Movie time is over, but no books are read tonight. Mommy is tired and big girl did not take her nap, so tonight is an earlier night.

It's time for my favorite part of our bed time routine...our prayer time. Not only do I love hearing my little girl say the Lord's prayer, but I love hearing her thank Jesus for her day and for her friends and family. She lit up as she said, "Thank you Jesus that Blake and Haley came to my church!" I knew that was something so special to her. Then she turned and asked me if they were coming again. I responded by telling her, " I don't know, you'll have to ask them to come back again. I smiled as I watched her process the information.

Time now for our besitos de mariposas (butterfly kisses), followed by eskimo kisses, and finally topped with sugar (a real kiss)!! As I got up to leave the room she threw her arms up in the air and gave me a great big hug and told me, "mommy, you're my best friend!"

I am floored! Where did she ever hear that? Must be from her other friends at church and school.

Needless to say, I feel truly blessed. My heart melts as I hug and kiss her and tell her that she is my best friend too!

As I shut the door I thank Jesus for a great end to an exhausting day!
Thank you Lord for giving us precious moments like this. Just when we think we can't go any further you send us little rays of sunshine to help lighten our load and encourage us along the way!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Absolutely nothin' like it!

Steph said...

Such a sweet story! There have been many a night, that I have rocked Braelyn before bed, nearly in tears from being so tired, and then out of nowhere she gives me a love pat, or hugs a little tighter...ahh...it's all worth it! I never imagined I'd be one of those ooey, gooey moms, but it just happened!
Thanks for sharing!