..."popsicles on the porch"...what a great afternoon treat and our favorite way to spend time together! These are simple and precious moments! Princess #1 and Princess #2 along with Little Man #1 and #2 are my inspiration for most of these writings.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

My First Outing with ALL three kiddos

This past Sunday was my first day back at church. Actually, this was my first attempt at being out and juggling ALL the kiddos by myself! It is amazing to see how much work and how long it takes to accomplish such a simple task as getting to church. Here's a rough outline of my morning...

6:45--I hear the girls stirring in their room. I wake up and see little Cash waking up too. (how do they do it? It's like they all have the same internal clock wired to pounce on mommy all at the same time!)
7:00--I get up and make the girls chocolate milk, turn on the t.v. for them in their room, change Cash and get the girls breakfast ready.
7:15--girls eat breakfast/Nurse Cash
8:00--clean up kitchen
8:15--Girls have room time (watch a worship video and or play in their room) while I put cash down to sleep.
8:45--Get myself ready for church
9:30--Go get girls and get them ready for church
10:00--Get Bags Together, Change Cash
10:15--Feed Cash
10:45--Load kids up in van

I have to say, considering all the time and energy, we had a very peaceful morning and the kiddos were great! No major melt downs or arguing among the girls, and little Cash slept almost the entire morning, which freed me up to get myself and the girls ready. Thank you Jesus. I couldn't have asked for a better morning; especially as I look back and remember how difficult life was at this same time two years ago. Little Elianna was not as easy this early on. With the bad bought of reflux she had it was a challenge to do much without constantly having to hold her. In fact, I remember two failed attempts getting to church before we finally made it on our 3rd try. Not to mention, the transition from 1 to 2 kiddos in general seems to be a little more difficult. It takes practice learning how to juggle, but once you do things seem to get a little easier! :)

So almost 4hrs later, we were ready and off to church! And as I reflect on my morning and all that I accomplished just to get to church, I can't help but feel a great sense of relief and joy! Whew and Whohooo!!! I made it to church on the first try (and early I might add) with all 3 kiddos in tow! And for an extra bonus, after church mommy had some time out shopping with Grandma and baby Cash, while Papi and the girls took their afternoon nap. The perfect way to end a great day! :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

OMG! I am having an anxiety attack just reading this! I only have one and sometimes I'm still rushing around trying to get us together. Bless you! And well done on getting to church!

Can't wait to see sweet baby Cash in real life. We miss see you guys!

Melanie said...

Ha-ha!I hear ya Steph. It should get a little easier when Cash isn't nursing around the clock! :)

Lynnette said...

It was good to see you at church on Sunday. Little Cash is so sweet. It was my first time back to Crossbridge in several months(long story to talk about later) Kudos to you with three small children getting to church. You go girl!!

Melissa said...

That's so impressive! Our first Sunday back was two weeks ago and that morning was a little crazy. Last Sunday went much better and when I had extra time before we had to head out, I kept thinking I must be forgetting something!

It was good to see you too! :D